Datum Helps Watertown Police Department Add Storage and Security to New Building
Unlike traditional shelving, the MobileTrak® eliminates the need for aisles which reduces space requirements for shelving by 50 percent
The Watertown Police Department recently completed the renovation of their new building, but their former freestanding shelving system proved to be less than adequate for keeping important files organized and protected. Datum, who worked in conjunction with SYSTEMATICS (http://www.systematics.biz), a Datum Authorized Reseller, helped to create a customized storage solution with safety, convenience and security in mind.
The Watertown Police Departments storage utilizes Datums MobileTrak® system that houses 4Post Shelving. Features include:
- A unique grout-less design that allows for the units to be easily modified to fit into an existing non-Datum track installed in the floor of the building
- Ample storage space for the police departments evidence, archival records and current files that are accessed frequently
- A versatile storage system that can expand as neededperfect for a growing office
- A 50 percent reduction in space requirements (as compared to traditional shelving) because of the elimination of aisles
- Integrated, programmable transponder keys so that security privileges can be assigned to allow or prevent staff from accessing certain stored materials
- A wide selection of sizes that help to create a custom solution for maximum storage capacity
- The unique ability for dual entry, allowing users to store and access materials on both sides of a single unit
With the new MobileTrak® and 4Post Shelving, the Watertown Police Department improved the organization of their materials and now has ample capacity with room to grow! For more information check out the complete Profile of Success.